Type: A temporary 1-year project with the possibility of continuance
Work hours: Full-time, 37,5 hours per week
Starting date: ASAP, Negotiable
Location: Kutomotie 16, 00380 Helsinki
Application deadline: 13.10.2020
Geometrix is a stable and growing Helsinki-based software company, whose core competence is in geographic information and its application for various purposes. Geometrix’s goal is to answer clients’ needs by providing map-based solutions that add value to their business processes. Collecting and centralizing information using a single tool eliminates unnecessary work steps and results in more efficient working. Customers are provided with mobile and web applications for processing complex information in a simple way.
Geometrix is looking for a Mobile Developer to further develop its mobile solution. The development team is creating a solution for iOS with React Native as the solution is already existing for Android. You’d step in React Native development for iOS. The mobile app will be an integral part of Geometrix’s future international growth. The GIS-based ERP application allows you to document information, monitor the progress of work in real-time, and create different types of reports. The mobile application allows all this directly at the job site making it an excellent tool for those engaged in mobile work. The solution has already been adopted to use in various business fields and for specific purposes, for example in the fields of environment, real estate, logistics, security, and maintenance. Check the video to know more about Geometrix (only in Finnish): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRsGK2V8NXA
This is a temporary one-year project. However, continuance after this is still open and it may be negotiable. We hope you have some working experience in the software/mobile development field (e.g. summer job) or you have done extensive hobby projects in mobile development. Mobile developers with plenty of years behind are also welcomed. This is a great opportunity to become a spatial data professional and to develop your mobile development skills.
We hope you to have:
- Independent and fluent skills with React Native
- Skills with some databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Relevant previous experience in mobile development or software development (e.g. summer job and/or hobby projects). We are also welcoming developers with more working experience
- Independent approach to work
- Fluent skills in English
We see as an advantage:
- Interest in spatial information systems and map services, Geometrix is using Mapbox
- Skills in other mobile development technologies and languages (e.g. Swift, Objective-C)
- Relevant educational background (e.g. computer science, information technology)
- Fluent skills in Finnish
- A responsible role where you can develop something new and genuinely see the end results
- A possibility to work with modern tech stack in product development
- Easy-going and low hierarchy team spirit and support from experienced colleagues
- A possibility to dig deeper on spatial data and data utilization - Geometrix is involved in several different industries and tasks, e.g. parking control, timber trade, infrastructure maintenance, network construction, nature-nurture, and urban technology
- A possibility for continuing your career at Geometrix - at Geometrix people are rewarded and recognized for good results
- Comfortable office space and location in Pitäjänmäki with good public transport connections - parking slot is also offered
- Versatile employment benefits such as gym, lunch, and sports & culture benefits
- Flexible working hours and the possibility for remote work
- An opportunity to participate in training sessions or seminars needed to succeed in your job
In this position, you will be employed directly to Geometrix.
Did we catch your attention? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF format) by the latest 13th of October via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/geometrix-mobile-developer-react-native-9-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Please note that we might proceed in the recruitment process already during the application period.
You can familiarize yourself with Geometrix here: https://www.geometrix.fi/en/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).