Type: Permanent, full-time or part-time
Preferred background: End of studies - graduated
Work hours: 37,5h/week (or part-time min 30h/week)
Starting date: ASAP, according to an agreement
Location: Linnoitustie 9, 02600 Espoo
Application deadline: October 4th, 2020
Samlink is an experienced Finnish provider of ICT services and solutions for the financial sector. We provide comprehensive and cost-effective services, including banking systems, data management, RPA and more. Our clients are for example Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, Pop Pankki, Hypo, and Aktia. The aim is to build a new core banking platform and utilize cutting-edge digital technologies, which are transforming the financial services industry. Samlink is part of the international, Fortune 500 listed Cognizant group and operates in Espoo and Jyväskylä, employing over 450 professionals in Finland. You may familiarize yourself with Samlink here: https://www.samlink.fi/?lang=en.
Would you like to be part of the digital transformation of the financial sector? As a part of the change, we’re currently taking major steps in moving to cloud infrastructure. And this is where you will step in!
As a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer, you will join Samlink’s Continuous Services unit. You will participate in product development projects by implementing new innovations and taking care of change management ensuring that the changes in production of services or new applications are deployed successfully with good quality. You will plan and give instructions on how the products will be hosted, how the services should be operated or how to set up and run the infrastructure, for example. In addition, your tasks include automating continuous deployments and other infrastructure changes following the DevOps practices. You will monitor production, resolve any faults, and ensure that services are up and running. Part of your job is offering technical support for the product development team. In this role, you will get a lot of responsibility: as we operate in the financial sector and provide systems with huge user volumes, it is crucial that the systems work as they should with no down-time. We utilize the following tools and processes: SAFe, ITIL, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, and public cloud platforms.
You will succeed in this role if you are a proactive person who is eager to develop modern cloud-based services for the financial sector and ready to learn new things. You may be in the beginning of your career or already a more experienced talent, as long as you have gained some relevant experience in the field of IT. We highly value your understanding of public cloud platforms and infrastructures. We consider it a big advantage if you have the skills to set up, scale, maintain and monitor cloud infrastructures. However, you do not need to know everything! You will work together with an experienced team, which will provide you support and guidance. We are preferably looking for someone who could work full-time, but part-time hours (min 30h/week) can be negotiated if you are finalizing your studies, for example. If you are looking for a thesis project, we are happy to discuss opportunities within our company.
We expect you to have:
- Some relevant experience related to e.g. software engineering, DevOps, or infrastructure administration (at least from summer jobs, internships, or relevant school projects)
- Good skills in Linux (administration, configuration, and running applications)
- Basic programming skills (at least scripting)
- Fluent skills in English (written and spoken)
We consider an asset (but do not require):
- Understanding of cloud infrastructures and scalable platforms. Experience of Terraform is a big plus
- Knowledge and/or experience of DevOps and IT automation and tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins)
- Relevant technical studies
We offer you:
- A chance to be part of the digital transformation of the financial sector at an international, well-established company
- A role in which you will get to develop our cloud infrastructure
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and improving your knowledge and skills in e.g. cloud platforms, DevOps, and the financial domain
- Versatile career development opportunities within Cognizant group both in Finland and abroad
- Comprehensive training, team’s support, and committed and experienced work mates
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive salary and great possibilities to join several freetime activities from sports to music and beer clubs (check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzzrNdxvj4)
In this position you will be employed directly to Samlink. A security clearance will be conducted with the chosen candidate.
Sounds like you? Please submit your cover letter and CV (in pdf) by October 4th, 2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/samlink-cloud-infrastructure-engineer-9-2020. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your application.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process you may contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).