Are you health, safety and environment minded? Do you find working with renewable energy interesting and meaningful? We do! And if you answered yes, you just might be the person our HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) team, Anna, Maiju and Jonas are looking for.
We at Nordex Finland are currently looking for a student to work as an HSE Assistant in our office in Helsinki. The main tasks are supporting the HSE & Q Manager and ensuring compliance with the Nordex HSE management system and Finnish laws and regulations. The position is a fixed-term contract until the end of December 2021. As a working student at Nordex, you will be able to put theory into practice while continuing with your studies. The working hours will be in general 20h/week, but are flexible depending on your studies and course schedule. During the summer months we also offer a possibility for working full-time.
In your role as working student, HSE Assistant your tasks would be:
- Document control of all HSE documents for sub-contractors and foreign Nordex workers; including all corporate registration and insurance documentation and individual registrations and certificates
- Maintaining the PPE (Personal protective equipment) database including coordination and updates according to Finnish HSE requirements, requesting, scanning and filing required document
- Creating HSE information bulletins and "lessons learned" leaflets
- Organizing site ID for all workers and subcontractors
- Providing information about Finnish HSE and Contractor’s Liability laws and Nordex requirements to subcontractors and Nordex workers
- Helping to introduce the new data management system GoContractor
- Support other departments (PM, Service, etc.) on HSE topics
We feel these are important requirements and attributes for you to be successful in this role:
- Preferably 1-2 years' work experience
- Studies in relevant discipline such as engineering, administration or environmental studies
- Knowledge of Finnish HSE law and regulations
- Excellent computer skills on Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent English and Finnish skills, both verbal and written, as you will be communicating a lot with our foreign subcontractors and colleagues
- Swedish skills are beneficial
- HSE awareness is a must have!
- Problem solving skills and a team player attitude you need because the world of HSE isn't always simple and easy
- Ability to work with several issues concurrently
- Finnish HSE Green Card is considered beneficial
To be considered in the role, you must be currently actively studying and continue to study throughout the employment. Opportunity to make study papers and write your final thesis can be considered, especially if you find subjects close to the tasks you are working with.
We hope you could start as soon as possible so please note that we will fill the position as soon as we find our perfect match. If you got interested, please send your application via this page soon but latest on 12th of October.
For further info on the role please feel free to contact our HSE Manager Anna Lehtinen, she can be reached best via email at email@example.com.
For other enquiries please contact People & Culture Specialist Anna Pitko at firstname.lastname@example.org.