As one of our team member, you will represent CheapSleep to our international and domestic guests. Your key role is to spread out our core value to our guests by showing great care, making them feel safe and well-treated during their stay in Helsinki.
Working environment in CheapSleep hostel is full of fun. We offer a flat hierarchy with a great chance to learn many interpersonal skills such as problem-solving, decision making, working under pressure and so on. We are an international team of young professionals working together. We will create the best hostel in Finland. At CheapSleep hostel we believe in creating a welcoming and affordable accommodation for both domestic and international travellers. We are proud of being sincerely caring and friendly to our guests coming to Helsinki from all over the world and from a variety of diverse backgrounds. This is reflected in our staff as much as our guests.
What will I be doing? As a Receptionist, you would be responsible for checking in and checking out guests in the hostel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Checking in and checking out guests.
- Respond to guest inquiries and in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Provide directions for guests.
- Ensure product knowledge of the hostel.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationship
- A chance to learn and have fun in an international working environment of workmates and customers from all over the world.
- Developing greatly your customer-orientation, a crucial characteristic which is demanded in any kind of business.
- Learn to properly use property management software, channel managers, electronic lock systems and much, much more. All these are essential to gaining work in hotels and we use the same or similar software as many big chains.
- Improving interpersonal skills: time management, working under pressure, communication skill, problem solving skills, etc.
- A reference letter for your future job from our CEO.
- Free and comfortable accommodation in Vallila, close to the center of Helsinki, including furniture, sheets, wifi, washing machine and equipped bathroom.
- Free travel card for all travel inside Helsinki.
- Monthly staff evening to socialize with co-workers, with food and drink provided.
- Possibilities to gain working experience in other departments (event, breakfast, bar, etc) if you are interested.
- You are a student and will acquire academic credits for the internship.
- You have a first-aid card or a certificate of adequate knowledge and experience with first-aid.
- You speak fluently English and want to have deep training in hotel administration and customer service.
Starting date: As soon as you can.