Type: Full-time, permanent
Desired background: Final year of studies– Few years of relevant working experience
Working hours: 37,5 h/week (part-time contract is also negotiable)
Requested starting date: According to agreement, as soon as possible
Location: Korkeavuorenkatu 45, 00130 Helsinki
Application deadline: 22.10.2018
Sponda Plc is one of Finland’s largest real estate investment companies specialising in commercial properties in Finland’s largest cities. Sponda's business concept is to own, operate and develop office and retail properties into environments that promote our clients success.
Sponda is offering a unique opportunity to join our team as a Junior Business Controller. You will support management decision making and reporting including weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Blackstone. You will enhance our information flow between business units and make sure relevant information is available. You will prepare reports and presentations together with the senior team members. In addition to your individual tasks you will get to see and learn from your colleagues about business processes and practices in private equity real estate.
As a person you are energetic, efficient and take initiative. You are able to identify relevant data and convert it to qualitative and quantitative information. You will receive team support but have ambition and mindset to seek solutions independently. You are either in the final stages of your studies with some work experience or you have already graduated with couple of years work experience. You are proficient in Excel as well as PowerPoint. You aim to constantly improve your skills and are truly interested in real estate business.
Junior business controller position will offer you an excellent opportunity to develop and learn professional skills in private equity real estate.
• Prepare and complete detailed P&L and other key data for management and investor reporting.
• Under supervision of senior team members, prepare management team, investor and bank reporting material.
• Assist with creation, collection, organization, and management of datasets/databases and visual analytics.
• Gather and evaluate property and portfolio data
• Gather, compile and present economic data pertinent to real estate investing.
• Assist in all aspects of preparing presentations, investor materials and miscellaneous reports.
• Relevant educational background, i.e. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, finance or other relevant subject (you may also apply if you’re in the final stage of your studies)
• Demonstrated quantitative skills
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in teams as well as independently
• Experience with MS Office-tools, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail while able to identify relevant information
• Basic Finnish language skills
What we see as an advantage:
• Work experience preferably in real estate, financial sector or consulting
• Fluent Finnish language skills
What we offer:
• An excellent position to advance your professional development aboard Finland’s biggest private equity real estate company owned by Blackstone
• Professional atmosphere and supportive colleagues to boost your development
• As a Junior Business Controller you will gather experience and expertise which is scalable world wide as you learn the basics, principles and terminology in private real estate market
Sounds like your next move? To apply, submit your CV, cover letter, university degree certificate or the latest university study transcript in pdf-format and also mention your earliest possible starting date and a salary request in your application documents. Apply by latest on 22.10.2018 here https://apply.atalent.fi/sponda-junior-business-controller-10-2018. We will go through the applications already during the application period, so please apply as soon as possible.
To familiarize yourself with Sponda, please visit https://www.sponda.fi/. For more information regarding the position and the recruitment process you may contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti (email@example.com, +358 400 495 946).